Wednesday 7 April 2010

The first post

The protocol for introducing a new blog is a bit unclear (hello world, here I am?) particularly when there are about two people reading; me and my mum.

This blog is the result of my ongoing frustration at the spurious use of science in adverts, particularly those for cosmetic and beauty products. Inspired by the many greats in science blogging out there, I am venturing into the blogosphere to vent my frustrations and perhaps start discussions. Frankly my boyfriend has had enough of my rants. I have modest expectations, I would like to find like-minded frustrated individuals and perhaps even inspire everyday folks to think a bit more about the bad science in advertising we see on TV, in newspapers and in magazines daily.

I'm no expert in the science of beauty products, but isn't that the point? You don't have to be an expert to cut through the crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia lawsuit